What to do when I get to my yoga class?
If you are a first time Yoga Connection student, it is best to be at the studio 10-15min before the class starts. The instructor will be there to greet you and guide you through all the necessary information you would need. He/she will also coordinate you with where the different props, the bathroom, lending library and the shop are located.
- Identify the class time that suits your schedule (if you have not practised yoga previously, then only choose a Basic/Beginners class)
- Arrive at the class about 15 min before the scheduled time. Park on the property (there is usually adequate parking)
- Identify the instructor for that class and tell him/her that you are wanting to start yoga
- To keep the studio carpet clean, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR SHOES BEFORE ENTERING THE FRONT DOOR.
- PLEASE SWITCH OFF CELL PHONES
- Write your name in the attendance register upon arrival
- If you make any payment also record the AMOUNT next to your name in the register
- Please be quiet when entering the Yoga Room
- Find a space in the yoga area, place your mat / towel / blanket down and lie in shavasana (on your back), eyes closed.
- DO NOT STRAIN WHILE DOING THE ASANAS - Postures, exercises & stretching. There should be no pain.
- Practice with relaxed awareness
- All breathing should be long, calm, deep and comfortable. Never Strain. Do not hold the breath if you are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- If you have any illnesses or injury check with your doctor first. Please notify the instructor who is teaching your class to make her/him aware.
- Regular practice makes for speedy progress.
- All asanas are non-competitive and done with the eyes closed. According to medical science these asanas should relax the mind and create balance in the nervous and endocrine systems. They are of great preventative and curative value. Mentally they induce peace and balance. Emotionally they should harmonise and revitalise. Yoga has been tried, tested and proven over 5,000 years!!
Crystal Courtyard Entrance
On-site parking for 12 cars